Saturday, March 11, 2006

The Rolling Stones Are Looking Good

caution: disturbing image ...compared to what age has done to rock veteran Eddie Van Halen.

What has happened to the once venerated originator of the hard rock guitar solo?! I’m grateful that I was never a Van Halen fan (sure, I occasionally sang along to “Hot for Teacher,” but I never put a quarter in the jukebox to hear it). As a fan, I would feel violated, ashamed even, that I ever put a Van Halen bumper sticker on my beat up Ford Pinto.

If Eddie loved his fans, he would have refused to go out in public like he recently did for Elton John’s Academy Awards After-Party. It’s no surprise that Valerie Bertinelli left him. The photo alone is disturbing enough. I can only imagine what it would have been like to be married to the ungracefully aging rock star it portrays.

Of course there is a bright side for some rock fans. In contrast, the Rolling Stones have never looked so good.

Reuters Has Sense of Humor

If only it were trueI love news agency photos like these. At first glance, it looks like it's your typical photo of the vice president - complete with trademark snarl.

Some might argue that the publishing of unflattering Cheney photos might expose a liberal media bias. I disagree wholeheartedly. It would be nearly impossible to take a photo of Mr. Cheney that wasn't unflattering.

Besides, if you really want to find a sign of a liberally biased media, it would be much easier to notice how Reuters chose to photograph Mr. Cheney with the word "Retire" over his head. If only it were true.