Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hail Death Cab for Cutie's New EP at lala.com

Death Cab for Cutie just released a new 5-song EP entitled The Open Door. While a little on the mellow side, it's classic DCFC and certainly won't disappoint hardcore fans (myself included).

Checking it out is easy, thanks to the new service offered by lala.com, which allows users to listen to any album for free once. You can listen to it here, but I also recommend becoming a member. It allows you sync with your iTunes library for online listening from anywhere. Plus, DRM-free MP3 downloads are $.89 and albums are typically cheaper than Amazon. Yeah, I'm plugging lala.com, but only because it's worth the hype. Sign up here to check it out. If you'd like a second opinion, check out yesterday's TechCrunch article.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Dora the Ex-Explorer

Wow, talk about a late bloomer. Dora has grown up, and I don't know how much exploring she's going to be doing in that outfit. According to the latest news, Dora has been reimagined for the tween set, and ties with Boots the Monkey have been severed - along with talking back packs, maps, etc. While Boots may be gone, I hear she is now looking for an alligator pair.

I suppose this was inevitable, but something about having to glam Dora up doesn't sit right. Of course, I might not be the best judge, as I thought the original Dora was a little irritating. As the father of a 4-year-old girl, I’m glad she prefers Sid the Science Kid. Although, I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before he’s reimagined as a Jonas brother of the scientific community.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Cat in the Grass

If anyone questions whether marijuana can impare judgement, the following AP story the should put those doubts to rest:

"Neb. deputies say man stuffed cat inside 'bong'"

Public Service Message to pot smokers: Cats, or any other animals, should not be used in bongs. It doesn't matter how cute they look.