Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I Passed 8th Grade Math!

When CNET directed me to an online pop quiz, I couldn't resist the tempation of finding out if I could still pass 8th grade math. Luckily, for my ego, I got 9 out of 10 correct. I was robbed of a perfect score by not knowing the exact definition of a prime number. I can live with that. Although, after all those years of watching The Transfomers and cheering on Optimus Prime, I really shouldn't have missed that one.

My passing grade was very reassuring given the fact that my highest level math course in high school was Algebra II and my only math course in college was statistics. While I did well in those courses, I felt no need to further my learning in that domain. Plus, we have computers for that stuff. Instead, I took to the written word, where humans still have the upperhand over computers. However, I do admit to having enjoyed the Shakespearean Insult Generator when the 'Net was still young.

The site offering the pop quiz churned out the following html to advertise my results and proliferate participation. Good luck.

You Passed 8th Grade Math

Congratulations, you got 9/10 correct!

No comments: