Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Hollywood Fashions Drew Attention to the Golden Globes

Golden globesThe Golden Globes always draws a lot of media attention -- as much for the Hollywood fashions as the awards themselves. This year’s gala event was no different. All eyes were on the golden globes last night. (I forgo capitalization for this reference in the same manner that Drew Barrymore forewent undergarments in her headlighting appearance.)

Thankfully, other stars exercised more discretion/self respect in their wardrobe choices, such as Felicity Huffman, Kiera Knightly and Reese Witherspoon. These fashions stand in stark contrast to those worn by fashion offenders Mariah Carey, Michelle Williams and Melanie Griffith.

Scarlett GlobesI’m not sure where I stand on Scarlett Johanssen’s crimson couture. While it certainly appeals on a certain level (and I think you know which one I’m talking about), I think it detracts from her overall attractiveness, which can stand on its own merits without the help of other abundant and overflowing features.

Of course, If you’re like me, you’ll want to make your own judgments – which is why I’ve provided a collection of links that showcase the night's fashions. Enjoy. And criticize. That’s what these award shows are all about.

- iVillage.com Slide Show
- E! Online Slide Show
- Hollywood Foreign Press Association Photos

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I, too find your blog inquisitive. Please do not read mine, however.