Thursday, November 20, 2008

Christmas Music Goes Indie

One of my favorite pop culture blogs, Pop Candy, pointed out that Woxy.com is streaming a “Holiday Mixer” radio station populated with festive tunes from some of my favorite indie artists, including Eels, The Decemberists, and Matt Pond PA.

Normally, I’m one to eschew everything Christmas until after Thanksgiving, but based on current store displays, apparently there are those out there who get into the holiday spirit a little early. If that’s the case with you, I recommend checking out Woxy.com. If you’re going to start listening to holiday music now, at least give yourself the opportunity hear "Donna and Blitzen" by Badly Drawn Boy or "Season's Greetings" by Robbers on High Street.

No comments: